First Call for Abstracts
We are pleased to announce the first call for papers for the 2016 Les Eastman Conference on High Performance Devices.
Research abstracts that emphasize innovative device concepts and physical phenomena leading to new devices are particularly encouraged.
Abstracts should state the purpose of the work, specific results, and how high performance device technology is advanced.
Papers are solicited in the general area of devices, including but not limited to, the following areas:
Download the First Call for Abstracts PDF
- High Frequency Devices (hhigh frequency electronics, Schottky and BWO devices, vacuum electronics, high frequency passive components)
- Power Switching and energy-efficient devices (high power electronics, normally-off devices, bio-inspired energy storage, wide band gap electronics)
- Devices for digital logic (low power and energy efficient logic switches, new materials, phenomena, and devices concepts for next-generation logic)
- Optical emitters (infrared emitters for communication and sensing applications, LEDs for solid state lighting and visible light-based communication, ultraviolet LEDs for disinfection and sensing, lasers, quantum cascade lasers)
- Photovoltaics and photodetectors(high efficiency and flexible photovoltaics, photonic techniques for energy generation and transmission, high quantum efficiency photodetectors, avalanche photodiodes)
- Bioelectronics, MEMS(bioelectronics, chemical/biological sensors, MEMS devices/systems)
The Lester Eastman Conference on High Performance Devices is a biennial conference. It was
officially renamed in 2002 from the IEEE-Cornell Conference on High Performance Devices to
honor Professor Lester Eastman, a pioneer in the field of high performance devices based on
compound semiconductors. In 1967, Professor Eastman originated the biennial IEEE-Cornell
Conference in Microwave Semiconductors shortly after he started GaAs research at Cornell in
Grayed out menu items are still under construction. More details to come ....
( The 2014 LEC webite is now found at http://www.leconf.com/2014/ )